- METICULOUS RESTORATION!
- DESIRABLE DUAL-QUAD 270 HP/283CI MATCHING NUMBER V8 ENGINE
- ONE OF ONLY A HANDFUL BUILT IN THIS DESIRABLE CONFIGURATION
- MULTIPLE AWARD WINNER!
- NATIONAL CORVETTE CERTIFICATION BOARD BLOOMINGTON GOLD AWARD WINNER
- NATIONAL CORVETTE RESTORERS SOCIETY PERFORMANCE VERIFICATION AWARD RECIPIENT
- NATIONAL CORVETTE RESTORERS SOCIETY NATIONAL TOP FLIGHT AWARD RECIPIENT
- NATIONAL CORVETTE RESTORERS SOCIETY DUNTOW MARK OF EXCELLENCE AWARD RECIPIENT
- STUNNING COLOR COMBINATION
- DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES OWNER’S MANUAL, NCRS/NCCB AWARDS, NCRS JUDGING SHEETS & MORE
- REMOVABLE FACTORY HARDTOP AND SOFT TOP
- WINDSHIELD WASHER
- COURTESY LIGHTS
- WONDERBAR SIGNAL SEEKING RADIO
- WHITEWALL TIRES
By 1960, the Corvette had become a full circle sports car, having graduated from its six-cylinder, GT roots when it was launched in 1953. The 283 cubic inch V8 was available with a dual quad carburetor set up that increased horsepower output to 270. Independent front suspension kept handling in check and allowed the Corvette to run in circles with some of the finest marques from Europe on both the road and track. Styling was pure American, with loathes of chrome and classic roadster lines, keeping with the Corvette’s sporting appearance.
This beautiful Corvette boasts the coveted 270-brake horsepower V8 with the desired 4-speed manual transmission. Additionally, it is equipped with the factory removable hardtop, Wonderbar radio and accessory heater, allowing this Corvette to be enjoyed in all seasons. Unlike many Corvettes of this era, which were finished in jazzy colors, this car is presented in simple and elegant Tuxedo Black with silver coves and a black interior. This exact combination of color and the optional 270 hp 283 V8 engine would only have been produced on a handful of cars built in 1960.
Accompanying this Corvette are several awards from the National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS), including a national Top Flight Award. The NCRS is regarded as the final word in Corvette authenticity, with judging standards that are designed to feature extreme attention to detail. NCRS awards are only given to those cars that meet the high standards of judging, performance and operation, meaning this exemplary Corvette is the one to buy. We are proud to offer this incredible Corvette to the most demanding collector, investor, or enthusiast who only wants the best. Classic cars have proven to be among the most resilient and rewarding investments in recent years with the Historic Automobile Group Index (HAGI) jumping 39% in 2013 and posting gains of 395-percent over the last 10-years. Ready to make an investment you can actually enjoy? Please contact one of our expert sales consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 291 7000 for more information. They will be happy to give you a complete walk-around, supply you with a more detailed description, and answer any questions you may have. Bid with confidence; you will not find a better example than this!