1959 JAGUAR XK150 FIXED HEAD COUPE ONE OF LESS THAN 700 BUILT IN 1959! BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION! STUNNING COLOR COMBINATION! MATCHING #S 3.4 LITRE ENGINE! STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST! FULLY DOCUMENTED WITH JAGUAR HERITA
1959 JAGUAR XK150 FIXED HEAD COUPE
Finished in classic and desired Imperial Maroon with beautiful Deep Red leather interior. This magnificent Jaguar has been beautifully restored and is now ready to be shown or driven. We are proud to offer this incredible motorcar to the most particular collector, investor or enthusiast who demands the best. Bid with confidence you will not be disappointed in this truly wonderful XK150! In regards to the mileage, although the odometer shows only 12,189 miles, because of the age of the vehicle we cannot guarantee it. HISTORY OF THE JAGUAR XK150: The Jaguar XK150 was introduced in May 1957 in Fixed Head Coupe and Drophead Coupe form replacing the XK140 range. The Roadster version came along in March 1958. All cars used the XK140 chassis but this time the bodywork was of a much more modern appearance and for the first time featured a one piece curved windscreen. The bonnet was widened, opened down to the wings, and on the roadster the bulkhead was moved back 4 inches (102 mm) to make the bonnet longer. Inside the vehicle the walnut veneer on the dashboard and door cappings had been replaced with padded leather trim. Mechanically one of the main changes to the XK150 were the Dunlop disc brakes which were used both front and rear as opposed to drums which were fitted to the XK140. The engine however was from the 140, and as before was available in standard tune, or in a higher performance version on the Special Equipment models. The Standard model had the 190 bhp of the earlier car but this time for the “SE” or S as it became known, power was up to a heady 250 bhp. This was achieved mainly by a new design of cylinder head (which became known as the straight port cylinder head) and triple two inch S.U. carburettors. Overdrive which had been optional also became standard fitment in 1958. In 1959 a 3.8 litre engine became available with 220 bhp in standard form and 265 bhp in the “S” versions. Production of all models ended in October 1960.
N.A.D.A. Value ~
– DISCOUNT ~
This car qualifies for a
5 year / 100,000 additional Miles Powertrain Warranty!